Monday, March 1, 2010

the theater is my bed of roses


Since i was 5, i loved acting. Plays and recitals was my forte.

I loved the way my mom sits on the front row, clapping and smiling.
How my dad would buy me chocolates to reward me for a job well done.
How my Granpa will carry me and tell me that i am the best actress of all.

14 years after, i saw myself in the middle of the exact same place where i had done my recitals and plays.
I was there, staring at an empty theater.
my days were over
i will not be on the spotlight.
no audience will clap for an outstanding performance.
i was there, dreaming of what would have been.

suddenly, someone shouted.
"direk!"
imaginations have blurred, colors have faded.
yes, i was the director. The leader of the production, not more than that.

theater, where fake smiles are offered. sadness were drowned. fights are like everyday 'hello'.

being there is like another drama production waiting to take place.
waiting to be performed. waiting to be applauded to. waiting to be seen.

i cannot leave.
i will not leave.
it was my home.

it was my bed where i will take eternal rest.









No comments:

Post a Comment